Ok. So I'm not going to bore you all with different types of workouts you can do. I have done my share of workouts at the gym and home video workouts. I'm going to write about what I'm most passionate about and what has WORKED for me:
1) Set a LONG TERM goal and a SHORT TERM goal.
2) RUN. RUN. RUN. (FIRST)
3) INSANITY. (LATER)
- Set a long-term goal for yourself, as in how much you would like to weigh. Make sure that this weight is ideal for your height and gender. For example, if you weigh 200 pounds, a long term goal might be to lose 50 pounds.
- Next, set a short-term goal. This is VERY IMPORTANT. From the previous example, 50 pounds to lose will take some time! In order to not get weary and impatient with your long-term goal, set a short-term goal to achieve first. This will give you a HUGE sense of accomplisment and PROOF that you WILL make you long-term goal. For example, decide that you want to lose 20 pounds by a certain date or time-frame. Once you make that goal, then getting to your 50 pound long-term goal will be SO much more rewarding and exciting :)
- Don't be afraid of the word RUN. It's the least expensive exercise that one can do. It also WORKS. I don't care what your size or shape, it WORKS for everyone. This type of cardio to get your heart rate up and running is great at burning calories fast! I really do recommend to sign up for a 5k and then starting a training schedule. If you try to go out and run just to say you ran, you WILL fail. You have to have a goal. You have to have a reason for going out the next day and running again. If you tell yourself that you want to run so that you will lose weight, great! But, keeping track of your daily runs is VITAL. You have to be accountable with yourself or someone close to you. I definitely lost a great amount of weight by running. It really helps get you leaner, so that you can later focus on toning your muscles the way you want them to look. Enter INSANITY.
I love this quote...it really helps on those OFF days!
- INSANITY is an at-home DVD program created by Beach Body and led by workout enthusiast, Shawn T. I apologize beforehand if I overuse the term, insane. Because it is. I searched the thesaurus to find a more appropriate synonym, but it doesn't exist. My favorite ones are "madness, hysteria and lunacy!" Ok, so I'm not helping. The best part of the meaning behind these words is that the OUTCOME of the insanity that you go through in this program is SWEET, SWEET VICTORY with your body. This video program costs about $120 and you can find it at beachbody.com. You push play EVERY day and 60 days later, you feel like you just accomplished the impossible and that is PRICELESS.
If you think a minute goes by fast,
you haven't worked out with this INSANE guy!
So, to review! If you want to lose weight period, don't Google anything! Don't buy pills! Don't just eat better! Start RUNNING. I'm going to say this short and not so sweet. You have to start TODAY. Not tomorrow, not after the holidays, not next Monday because it's the beginning of the week, TODAY. Whatever bad food choices you've made today, LET IT BE GONE. Whatever working out you have NOT done today, RUN LATER.
NOTE: If anyone who reads this is READY to change their lifestyle and get off the couch, I am ready and willing to HELP! I can help with a training schedule for running a 5k, or any distance race for that matter. Anything I can do to help you achieve your goals, I'm here!
No comments:
Post a Comment